The release tarballs are found at:
and their SHA-1 checksums are:
Fixes since v126.96.36.199
- Various codepaths have workaround for a common misconfiguration to spell "UTF-8" as "utf8", but it was not used uniformly. Most notably, mailinfo (which is used by "git am") lacked this support.
- We failed to mention a file without any content change but whose permission bit was modified, or (worse yet) a new file without any content in the "git diff --stat" output.
- When "--stat-count" hides a diffstat for binary contents, the total number of added and removed lines at the bottom was computed incorrectly.
- When "--stat-count" hides a diffstat for unmerged paths, the total number of affected files at the bottom of the "diff --stat" output was computed incorrectly.
- "diff --shortstat" miscounted the total number of affected files when there were unmerged paths.
- "git p4" used to try expanding malformed "$keyword$" that spans across multiple lines.
- "git update-ref -d --deref SYM" to delete a ref through a symbolic ref that points to it did not remove it correctly.
- Syntax highlighting in "gitweb" was not quite working.
Also contains other minor fixes and documentation updates.