- On Cygwin, the platform pread(2) is not thread safe, just like our own compat/ emulation, and cannot be used in the index-pack program. Makefile variable NO_THREAD_SAFE_PREAD can be defined to avoid use of this function in a threaded program.
- "git add" allows adding a regular file to the path where a submodule used to exist, but "git update-index" does not allow an equivalent operation to Porcelain writers.
- "git archive" incorrectly computed the header checksum; the symptom was observed only when using pathnames with hi-bit set.
- "git blame" did not try to make sure that the abbreviated commit object names in its output are unique.
- Running "git bundle verify" on a bundle that records a complete history said "it requires these 0 commits".
- "git clone --single-branch" to clone a single branch did not limit the cloning to the specified branch.
- "git diff --no-index" did not correctly handle relative paths and did not correctly give exit codes when run under "--quiet" option.
- "git diff --no-index" did not work with pagers correctly.
- "git diff COPYING HEAD:COPYING" gave a nonsense error message that claimed that the treeish HEAD did not have COPYING in it.
- When "git log" gets "--simplify-merges/by-decoration" together with "--first-parent", the combination of these options makes the simplification logic to use in-core commit objects that haven't been examined for relevance, either producing incorrect result or taking too long to produce any output. Teach the simplification logic to ignore commits that the first-parent traversal logic ignored when both are in effect to work around the issue.
- "git ls-files --exclude=t -i" did not consider anything under t/ as excluded, as it did not pay attention to exclusion of leading paths while walking the index. Other two users of excluded() are also updated.
- "git request-pull $url dev" when the tip of "dev" branch was tagged with "ext4-for-linus" used the contents from the tag in the output but still asked the "dev" branch to be pulled, not the tag.
and the following public repositories all have a copy of the v22.214.171.124 tag and the maint branch that the tag points at:
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git