is not a release with new features (upcoming 1.7.9 is expected to be
released late January next year to include the pulling of signed tags and
Please upgrade to get the accumulated bugfixes since 1.7.8 release from:
and their SHA-1 checksums are:
- In some codepaths (notably, checkout and merge), the ignore patterns recorded in $GIT_DIR/info/exclude were not honored. They now are.
- "git apply --check" did not error out when given an empty input without any patch.
- "git archive" mistakenly allowed remote clients to ask for commits that are not at the tip of any ref.
- "git checkout" and "git merge" treated in-tree .gitignore and exclude file in $GIT_DIR/info/ directory inconsistently when deciding which untracked files are ignored and expendable.
- LF-to-CRLF streaming filter used when checking out a large-ish blob fell into an infinite loop with a rare input.
- The function header pattern for files with "diff=cpp" attribute did not consider "type *funcname(type param1,..." as the beginning of a function.
- The error message from "git diff" and "git status" when they fail to inspect changes in submodules did not report which submodule they had trouble with.
- After fetching from a remote that has very long refname, the reporting output could have corrupted by overrunning a static buffer.
- "git pack-objects" avoids creating cyclic dependencies among deltas when seeing a broken packfile that records the same object in both the deflated form and as a delta.