Git v188.8.131.52 Release Notes
Fixes since v1.7.6
* Various codepaths that invoked zlib deflate/inflate assumed that these
functions can compress or uncompress more than 4GB data in one call on
platforms with 64-bit long, which has been corrected.
* "git unexecutable" reported that "unexecutable" was not found, even
though the actual error was that "unexecutable" was found but did
not have a proper she-bang line to be executed.
* Error exits from $PAGER were silently ignored.
* "git checkout -b <branch>" was confused when attempting to create a
branch whose name ends with "-g" followed by hexadecimal digits,
and refused to work.
* "git checkout -b <branch>" sometimes wrote a bogus reflog entry,
causing later "git checkout -" to fail.
* "git diff --cc" learned to correctly ignore binary files.
* "git diff -c/--cc" mishandled a deletion that resolves a conflict, and
looked in the working tree instead.
* "git fast-export" forgot to quote pathnames with unsafe characters
in its output.
* "git fetch" over smart-http transport used to abort when the
repository was updated between the initial connection and the
subsequent object transfer.
* "git fetch" did not recurse into submodules in subdirectories.
* "git ls-tree" did not error out when asked to show a corrupt tree.
* "git pull" without any argument left an extra whitespace after the
command name in its reflog.
* "git push --quiet" was not really quiet.
* "git rebase -i -p" incorrectly dropped commits from side branches.
* "git reset [<commit>] paths..." did not reset the index entry correctly
for unmerged paths.
* "git submodule add" did not allow a relative repository path when
the superproject did not have any default remote url.
* "git submodule foreach" failed to correctly give the standard input to
the user-supplied command it invoked.
* submodules that the user has never showed interest in by running
"git submodule init" was incorrectly marked as interesting by "git
* "git submodule update --quiet" was not really quiet.
* "git tag -l <glob>..." did not take multiple glob patterns from the