I tried to be fairly thorough, but I am sure I have missed some. Note that I deliberately excluded ones that fall into the Nobody who knows what they are talking about has any idea how to approach this feature category. I also left out discussions that are fairly young, hoping that they will stay alive without me keeping track of them.
- Teach "--first-parent" to "git rebase" to deal better with a history with (possibly evil) merges from side branches.
- More fixes to bring sanity to "git diff --no-index", some discussed in the thread are definitely worthwhile, while some others are not.
- The name sanitization code may be overly conservative.
- The behaviour of "git filter-branch" around annotated tag may be under-documented to cause misunderstanding on the user's part, or it could be simply buggy.
- Annotating a pair of commit objects and trigger interesting behaviour when they both appear in the history.
- Make it safer to export mandir, htmldir, etc. from the top-level to Documentation/ Makefile.
- Allow escaping glob metacharacters in .gitattributes.
- Remove contrib/ciabot/.
- The return value from getenv(3) may be volatile across calls.
- Support VPATH build
- Build on "custom comment char" to make it "custom comment prefix string", e.g. "## ".
- Serving "git archive" over smart-http.
- "git fetch --deepen"?
Cf. $gmane/213180 $gmane/212950
- Perhaps reword some questions from "send-email"
- Improve "git remote -v" output to show where these URLs come from?
- Perhaps add a robust "shell portability check" mode for test scripts?
- Perhaps treat failures to write to a hook process that did not consume its input as success?
- "git rm -u"?
- Cf. $gmane/213993
- "git submodule foreach --untracked"
- [DONE] Prepare to change the default behaviour when "git add -u/-A" is run without pathspec with Git 2.0
- Perhaps concatenate young and small packs into one as a cheap repack?
- Align the logic format-patch decides to omit S-o-b to that is used by cherry-pick and commit.
- Allow installation filemode to be tweaked.
- "git log --cc" without other diff format specifiers like --raw should imply "--cc -p".
- [DONE] Perhaps "git grep" may want to pay attention to --textconv.
- Perhaps forbid "log --graph --no-walk", as --graph is about connected history while --no-walk is about discrete points?
- Possible merge-recursive corner case bug?
- Complete smart HTTP protocol documentation?
- Perhaps include an artificial HEAD to a bundle when HEAD is not specified from the command line?
- Restructure the revision parsing loop in bundle.c:create_bundle() to remove duplicates correctly, e.g. "git bundle create t.bundle master heads/master"
- Come up with a better default selection logic than the tentative "use the remote-tracking branch of the destination" for --force-with-lease option
- Force "git format-patch" (or at least allow it to be configured back to normal, when the user wants to use nonstandard settings for other commands) to use standard --commit-abbrev and --no-numstat settings.
- Discuss and decide if we want to choose between the "mode word" UI (e.g. "git submodule add") and the "mode option" UI (e.g. "git tag --delete") and standardise on one; if it turns out to be a good idea, devise the migration plan to break the backward-compatibility.